4 Tips on How to Lessen your Website Bounce Rate
I have here four tips on how to lessen your website bounce rate. These guidelines will bring you not only better ranking but also an increase of website traffic, higher visitor engagement, page views, shares, tweets and of course.. revenue.
- Make your website clean and easy to navigate. A clean looking website will allow the visitors to find what they are looking for easily. It is a good marketing strategy because they will remember the comfort of navigation and the ease of discovering other contents, making them want to come back for more. As much as possible create only one menu bar on your website to avoid confusion. Carefully choosing which colors to use and being consistent with your choices will greatly affect your visitors’ experience with your website as well.
- Make you website’s loading speed faster. It was said by the “internet marketing experts” that we only have seven seconds of patience whenever we are browsing a website. To make your website speed faster, avoid unnecessary (or duplicate) plugins. Use caching, and upload smaller images for your posts and pages (did you noticed that small image on the top left of this post?).
- Produce useful content. Your website visitors will be looking for useful content, and will quickly recognize between good and bad content. Sites with useless content will surely lose visitors fast. Make the effort to research on what people are searching for using Google Adwords tool, and produce related content in an easy to read format.
- Make an interaction environment. You can achieve it by:
- Using plugins that allow visitors to add comments, with option for them to post their own websites too.
- Using pronouns like YOU and WE instead of I. This will give them the feel that you are talking to them in a personal way. Making them want to comment on your post with their personal views on the subject.
- Including questions once and a while on your posts. And another possible option could be..
- Providing newsletter signups – resulting in return visitors.
How was your website’s bounce rate? Do you have other tips that you want to share? Please feel free to share them in the comment section below.