WordPress for Small Businesses
Creating a website used to be costly and involves coding skills. Not any longer. Because of the inexpensive and easy-to-use tools available today almost anyone can now build a website. For someone starting a small business, who has a limited amount of time and money, WordPress is just the right platform to use in building a website.
Here are the reasons why
- It’s FREE. WordPress is an open-source CMS and is freely available for anyone to download. What’s the catch? There is no catch. Even enhancements and upgrades are free.
- It is easy to install. Many hosting services have a quick way to install WordPress. Hostgator for example have the “Fantastico” and “Quick Install” feature available in its cPanel. Time to accomplish: five minutes or less.
- It is SEO ready. You want your potential costumers to be able to find your business website, and WordPress can help you accomplish that easily. A free plugin called All In One SEO Pack is easy to install.
- Mobile responsive. In this day of age when almost everyone has access to the internet through mobile phones and computing tablets having a website that is mobile responsive is a must. WordPress just does that. Choose from a variety of templates available online to have a responsive website for your business.
- Support and tutorials are easily accessible on the web. WordPress developers are always helpful. You can find answers to almost all of your WordPress questions, from installation to customization, on WordPress.org. For special inquiries or questions you can always post them on forums also in wordpress.org.
- A WordPress site is easy to understand and navigate. Once your website is live, adding or changing content is a no brainer. It is just like using a Microsoft Word, you can write, create links, add images and videos and publish content on WordPress.
- You can build a unique site using plug-ins and themes. With countless design themes to choose from you can surely make your website unique with simple tweaks. Free themes will most of the time do the job but if you have a little more budget then affordable premium themes will take you on a different level. Plug-ins add functionality to your website, such as contact forms, polls, social media icons, and spam control.
With all these features you can never go wrong in using WordPress for your small business. It’s easy, free and effective.
Click here to see some of the small business that I designed using WordPress.